Hello. My name is Carrie DeJesus. I am a holistic lawyer based in central New Jersey. I help conscious-minded businesses and entrepreneurs navigate the law by providing grounded, integrative and compassionate guidance on business issues.
I have over 12 years of experience working as a lawyer. After graduating law school in 2007 and completing a judicial clerkship in 2008, I spent several years working with my dad in a law firm we founded and ran together in my hometown. I opened up my own law office in spring 2018, after learning about the integrative law movement and the ideas around creating a more compassionate way of practicing law.
I believe that entrepreneurship is powerful. By creating and sustaining our own businesses, we can honor the work that each of us is called to create. And if we can model our businesses around our own beliefs and values - we can change the world.
I am dedicated to shifting the lawyer-client relationship by becoming more aware of how we interact with each other and by encouraging mutual trust, respect and care. I strive to return to the counseling roots of the legal profession, co-creating solutions with my clients.
In addition to practicing law, I also teach yoga, functional movement and contemplative practices and I utilize many of the skills from those practices when working with my clients. I am also an advocate for attorney wellness.
In this law practice, I work to fully support my clients and bring peace of mind to the legal process. I believe in truth, kindness, integrity and being brave. And I do my best to integrate these values into all that I do.
Bar Association Memberships
- Juris Doctor • Widener University Delaware School of Law • 2007
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology • Douglass College, Rutgers University • 2002
- New Jersey • 2007
- New York • 2008
Bar Association Memberships
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Mercer County Bar Association
- Project for Integrating Spirituality, Law and Politics (PISLAP)
- Presenter, Burlington County Bar Association, Don't Let the Law Take Its Toll, October 2015
- Volunteer, Dave Nee Foundation, 2016
- Presenter, New Jersey Lawyer's Assistance Program, Yoga for Inner Stillness, March 2016
- Presenter, New Jersey Lawyer's Assistance Program, Life Law Transition: Yoga & Meditation, December 2017
- Presenter, Project for Integrating Spirituality, Law and Politics Conference, Using Yoga to Help Lawyers Add a Spiritual Dimension to Their Work, October 2018
- Presenter, Yoga Service Council, Mindful Business Practices, February 2019
- Instructor, New Jersey Lawyer's Assistance Program, Yoga for Lawyers, June 2019
- Presenter, New Jersey Lawyer's Assistance Program, Passion and Profession: How To Make Them Work Together, September 2019