My name is Carrie DeJesus. I am a holistic business lawyer based in central New Jersey. I help holistic entrepreneurs bring their work into the world by building the legal foundations and structures for their businesses.
I have over 10 years of experience in the legal field and in helping clients create grounded, safe businesses. I have been a small business owner myself since 2009.
I practice holistic business law because I believe in supporting the work that supports the whole. I also believe that the law, when practiced a certain way, can be an opportunity for healing and unification.
I work with holistic entrepreneurs because I believe that the work you do can change the world. I believe mindful, compassionate businesses are the antidote to the damaging and inhuman practices that dominate most of our society. I want to contribute to shifting our value systems by promoting truthfulness, kindness, integrity and bravery in our work.
The clients I work with want a lawyer who sees and understands the value of their work. If you are bringing the work you are meant to share into the world, I already believe in you. If you are helping others heal, I want to support you. If you believe that a business can be a vehicle for change, not just for yourself but for the whole, it would be my absolute honor and pleasure to work with you.
- Juris Doctor • Widener University School of Law • 2007
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology • Douglass College, Rutgers University • 2002
- New Jersey
- New York
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Mercer County Bar Association
- Burlington County Bar Association
- Yoga Service Council, Board Member, Treasurer
- Experienced Yoga Teacher (E-RYT 200)
- Reiki level 1 & 2 certified practitioner
- Continuing legal education presenter on the topic of the value of contemplative practices
- Presenter of business workshops to yoga teachers, body workers and healers
- Teacher of business and ethics in yoga teacher training programs
- Started and/or managed several small businesses
- Studied at the Feminist Business School
- Former law clerk in the Superior Court of New Jersey